Lapsang Souchong is one of the most well-known teas in the world. Our Lapsang Souchong is the highest grade tea, which is delivered from the birthplace of the red tea – Tong Mu Village in Fujian Province.
Many people may have tried smoked Lapsang Souchong and consider that it is a traditional taste of this kind of tea; but it is not true. Original Lapsang Souchong is “un-smoked”, and only the finest grade of tea leaves are used for its production. The lower quality tea leaves are used to produce smoked Lapsang Souchong, as smoking gives it a strong aroma, and you cannot feel that the quality of the tea is worse. Usually smoked Lapsang Souchong is mainly produced for export, but locals prefer the unsmoked kind of Lapsang Souchong.
Lapsang Souchong is one of the most outstanding representatives of Chinese red teas. The aroma of this tea is made by the notes of prunes, dried fruits, nuts, pepper, and cinnamon. This rich and fragrant tea is great to drink in the evening. Quietly, slowly and thoughtfully; when you want to stretch the time and savor every minute…
Lapsang Souchong is believed to help in a number of health matters:
- reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancer.
- reduce the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
- strengthen the immune system.
- fight against inflammation.
- relax the nerves.
- fight fat and facilitate weight loss.
- fight against tooth decay.
How to brew Lapsang Souchong red tea:
Boil water and cool it to 90°C. Put 3-5 grams of tea into a cup, and add hot water. Infuse tea leaves for 1-2 minutes depending on taste preference. You can vary the quantity of tea depending on your tastes. Each portion of tea can be infused 3-5 additional times.
- Chinese name: 正山小種
- Other names: zhengshan xiaozhong
- Origin Place: Wuyi Mountain, Fujian, China
- Harvest time: May, 2016.
- A delicate, sweet and fragrant tea
- Low caffeine (less than 10% of a cup of coffee)
We also recommend trying Golden Monkey red tea.