The climate there is cool and cloudy, the day is short and the daily mist provides the needed moisture. Sunshine time is short, as a result, the astringent substance in the tea leaves is reduced, thus the tea becomes sweeter. These perfect conditions let the plants grow slower and produce more tender and flavorful tea leaves. Also, the tea trees are irrigated by spring water. These conditions are perfect for creating Alishan Oolong’s outstanding flavors and aromas.
This hand-picked Alishan Oolong Tea is richly green, has a smooth and sweet taste with a strong and pleasing aroma. It leaves a sweet, mellow and long-lasting aftertaste.
Alishan Oolong Tea is believed to help in a number of health matters:
- strengthening the immune system.
- lower the risk for developing cardiovascular ailments such as heart attacks and strokes.
- lower the risk for the formation of tumors and cancer.
- heighten energy levels.
- facilitate good metabolism.
- build strong teeth and bones.
- lower the risk for diseases linked to inflammation.
- fight aging-related damage.
- help in the overall efforts to fight diabetes.
How to brew Alishan:
Boil water and cool it to 90-95°C. Put 3-5 grams of tea into a cup, and add hot water. Infuse tea leaves for 1-2 minutes depending on taste preference. You can vary the quantity of tea depending on your tastes. Each portion of tea can be infused 3-5 additional times.
- Chinese name: 阿里山
- Other names: High Mountain Oolong
- Origin Place: Taiwan
- Harvest time: May, 2014.
- Fresh Leaves: one bud with two or three leaves
- Aroma: light orchid fragrance with mixed fruit fragrance.
We also recommend trying Tie Guan Yin Premium.